On January 10, 2014, at noon, the Appellate Practice Section will host a luncheon at the Georgia Bar’s midyear meeting, at the Intercontinental Buckhead Hotel. The deadline for the early registration rate for lunch has been extended until January 1, 2014. The price for the luncheon until then will be $35. After that, the price will go up to $55.
The topic of the program will be The Next 50 Years of Appellate Practice in Georgia. Topics will range from the impact of electronic filing on the way cases are handled by the court, the future of our appellate courts, and the statutes governing appellate practice.
The panel will feature the following speakers:
- Justice Keith Blackwell, Supreme Court of Georgia;
- Judge Stephen Dillard, Georgia Court of Appeals;
- Jeff Swart, Alston & Bird;
- Anna Green Cross, Assistant District Attorney, DeKalb Country;
- James C. Bonner, Senior Appellate Attorney, GPDSC
The registration form can be found at this link. However, the deadline for online registration is passed, and it will be necessary to fax this form to the State Bar at 404-527-8717. Don’t try to register online if you want the reduced rate. The Bar will not process refunds for online registration.